Orientation of the school 2007/2008
1. Foreign language teaching
English - I. and II. forms optionally
III. - IX. forma obligatory
German - V. - IX. forms optionally
French, Russian - can be taught according to interest in afternoon groups.
2. Introduction of the 0. form - it started through the Phare project,we have a complete equipment of the pupils´room and the parents´room with furniture and teaching aids; the sanitary facilities are suitable for pupils of this age. In the future it is going to work in case there will be enough pupils. If ther are not enough pupils for the 0 form, pupils of the 1st form will be in the class.
3. Participating in the international Socrates project , partnership with schools abroad -5 states, we work 3 -rd year.
4. A rich spare-time group activity through educational vouchers.
5. Work of OKC IMA ( Regional coordinating centre of ideal youth activity) at our school, which has a lot of group members - pupils of our school. OKC IMA is part of IMA(Ideal youth activity) in Bratislava, which manages and financially supports it.
6. Rich sport activities on the newly built playground through Open school - sport.
In the summer: football, tennis, volleyball, street hockey and other not traditional sports.
In the winter: ice rink on the playground - ice hockey, skating, cultural activities - carnival, etc.
7. Foreign language teaching for teachers - as part of the Socrates project the teachers have the possibility to attend an English language course belonging to a language school. The course ends with a certificate.
8. Implementing teaching of computer skills into all forms.
1. stage in optional subject and afternoon group activities and also obligatory subjects.
2. stage in Informational technology lessons and obligatory school subjects in the morning, groups - computer group, Robolab, krúžky - počítačový, Robolab,spare-time activities in the school club in the afternoon, digitálna fotografia.
9. Organizing a School Academy every other year, a skiing trip every other year, swimming course for young pupils every third year, dancing course with a final "first ball" organized with the help of Parents´ council of our school every other year.
10. Taking care of children with special educational needs. They are integrated in two special classes for children for mentally handicapped children, pupils with other handicaps are integrated in standard classes.
11.Work in projects - this school year:
a/ Socrates - Comenius subproject
b/ Language Laboratory
c/ Open School - Sport
e/ Internet Library
31. 10. 2007